USA & CANADA
The primary purpose of this NACO community website is education, social development,
personal growth, promoting peace and unity among the Otuho-Speaking people of North America and around the globe.
About Our Organization
Who We Are
NACO (pronounced as na-cho) is a charitable not-for-profit community-based organization operating in the United States, Canada, and South Sudan serving all South Sudanese and other communities across the three countries.
What We Do
We cater to our most vulnerable members in the community especially during their times of need, sorrow, and happiness. We do the following:
- We Identify community needs, concerns, and challenges.
- We encourage and support small Otuho speakers in North America and South Sudan who aspire to establish cooperative shops through our gift shop page.
- We educate our youth and other communities about our Otuho-speaking culture and traditions.
- We provide cultural sensitive consultancy to non-governmental organizations (NGO’s) that would like to operate in South Sudan
- We coordinate and facilitate financial support activities for our community members who request that their deceased family member be sent back home to South Sudan to obtain a proper Otuho traditional burial.
- We provide scholarships for South Sudanese in North America and also in South Sudan.
- We provide health care essentials to local hospitals in and around Torit.
The primary purpose of the organization is to educate, promote social development and personal growth of the people so as to attain peace and unity among the Otuho-Speaking communities in North America and around the globe. We recognize the importance of understanding and appreciating our differences and similarities for the good of our community. Therefore, we commit ourselves to work for the cause of Otuho-Speaking peoples by promoting equality, civility, caring, responsibility, accountability, and respect.
How You Can Help
You can help by becoming a member, volunteer, donate or connect us to other relevant not-for-profit organizations.
We Have the Power to Change our Future
We have the power to impact our future, and we are doing something about it. As a community, we harness our experiences as immigrants for the betterment of tomorrow by leaning and supporting each other with compassion. We use our skills and knowledge gained along the way to help reach our full potential. We don’t dwell on our failures but we utilize the lessons we learned for the benefit of our children and ourselves.
The sense of belonging to a community propels us to strive for a better tomorrow. We show our children the importance of our culture and traditions by speaking, practicing, and living it. We show these by teaching our children through interactions with our elders and community members during online classes, storytelling, and in-person traditional dances at our annual conferences. We strive our best to emulate our culture in our daily lives while acknowledging the different cultures we have immersed ourselves in.
Our Top Priorities
Get Involved join the community….and register below and Make an Impact/Get involved
No Results Found
The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.
Make an impact
Join the Community
By joining the community you are actively helping those in need. You can join as an annual member, browse the shop, donate to charities of your picking, and a majority of the proceeds goes to families who need support.